We are looking for a freelance, associate consultant to join the team at V&V Sustainable Fashion & Jewellery Consultancy.
We are searching for someone to support and/or lead sustainability projects with our clothing and textile brand clients. If the following sounds like you, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering note and a copy of your consultancy profile (including relevant skills, client experience and day rate):
· Detailed understanding of textile related standards, traceability systems, operating procedures (including reading and verifying scope/transaction certificates) and labelling requirements for key sustainable material certifications covering organic, recycled and animal derived materials.
· Experience delivering training/workshops to senior teams in person and via video conferencing.
· Good working knowledge of the social and environmental impact of the fashion industry and solutions developed to improve ways of working, including sustainable material innovation.
· Confident working directly with senior management teams at high-profile fashion brands.
· A self-starter able to work independently to a high professional standard.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical language into easy-to-understand guidance.
· Friendly, flexible and good at building relationships
· 5 years + relevant experience in fashion and/or sustainability
· Degree level qualification in a relevant field
Note that this is a freelance role working on a project basis. Work will be adhoc and is likely to suit someone already working with other clients with some time to spare. It is not a permanent role.
You must be based in the UK, able to provide a unique taxpayer reference number, have professional insurance in place, and be set up to work remotely with your own computer and internet access.